Monday, November 25, 2013

A Conversation with Foreigners


All this time i see the audience who viewed my blog, all of them almost from outside Indonesia.. no idea why so lets see.. how about try to post some english language? Lol. Here i come.

About 3 weeks ago, i was participating as a committee of an event at Taman Budaya Jogjakarta called Pekan Film. Well it's about screening of a some short and cinema film. I opened a stand of my college, there i played some movies made by the students of the college. No, my film isn't played there because i didn't make one.

I was there with some of my friends Mami, Ridzki, Felis and some of my senior. Funny, when we were watching a movies there were 2 foreigners came to our stand, i saw them at first glance then i avert my face quasi didn't see them. Then both of them sat next to Ridzki and Felis, i laughed so hard. Ridzki, she avert his face and make some incredibly funny face and said "Shit, they sit next to me..." then she went away. Felis is the only girl who sat next to those foreigners.

Me, felt pity to her then help Felis to make a conversation with the woman, because she look friendly. If i remember.. her name is.. Maria? Yep, Maria. We talked to each other, well that wasn't the first time i ever talked to a foreigner but hell yeah that was the first time i talked to foreigner that long.... Seriously, my mouth foamy because talked too much english words plus Felis, she opened a Dictionary using her smartphone!

"I'm confused wy.. you see, she talk much and we only nod and say yes or no.."
"I know but please.. try to look dilligent.."

Right at our conversation, Maria asked us

"Hey, have you ever see a ghost?"

Well, it's not a random question, it's because the movie at that time was about a culture in Bali and it showed Leak, Leak is a ghost in Bali.

"I have seen one" i said that suddenly then realize that she will ask me to tell the story
"Really? How?? How does it look?"

Damn right.

"Okay.. it was when i still 5 years old, i was with my mom only 2 of us and its midnight, i remembered, i told my mom that i see a head flying around at the ceiling then blablabla"

Maria heard me with a serious face and Felis heard me with a silly face. But i know both of them are asking them self  "What does he say?" because i told her the story together with my brainstorming about the words that i'm gonna use.

"Hey can i took a photo with you guys?"
"Sure"

Then we took a photo together using her camera.

After that she say goodbye to us, when both of them gone.. me and Felis looked at each other and...

"OH MY GOD FELIS!!!"
"OH MY GOD AWY!!!"
"That was a terrible heartbeat i've ever feel!!"
"Me either! Just imagine, even i opened a dictionary but i can't speed up her words and me writing the meaning.. that was just fast.."

Both of us felt like a person who really need to pee but there's no toilet and he peed at the grass, it felt so good...

I will never forget that.. Maria and Felix, the 2 foreigners couple who made my day... hope we'll meet again someday and we still remember each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment